Rod Storage - plastic type with sponge or closed cell foam?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to install some rod storage on my tinny.

Like to store 3-4 rods on starboard and 3-4 on port.

Would like to use the side stabilizers that are connected to seats as a mounting location. They are spaced and a nice place to mount racks. I have 12" of height and 3" of width to work with.

Was considering these two but not sure on long lasting durability? One uses some sort of sponge and the other uses closed cell foam(foam ice chest material).

on both of these....not sure on long-term durability due to repeated use?
What are the thoughts on these two?
Are there other options that I can mount to my side stabilizers?

Thanks!

Berkely rod storage.png

BP rod storage.png

1e362834deddadcda29a3c225073d09a.jpg
93c7378b392968aa119192d90d1dc5f9.jpg

This is what I used. My seat braces are too short for more than a 3 place. All I could find was these 6 place rod holders so I cut them in half and used a rivet on the tab and drilled a cross hole for a zip tie. Presto, 3 rods per side and only had to buy one pair. Fished all last year and they worked great. Boat has been outside upside down all winter and they look fine. Really for under $20, if I get two years out of them I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics! That is exactly what I am looking to do. I have 12" on my braces so I can fit 3-4 on each side.

How is the ice chest foam? Seems like it may be kind of brittle as ice chests are....crumble if you pressure them.

Those work great. Bottom to top, run a velcro strap. That will cure the foam losing memory. Extra piece of mind. One bounce out of a favorite rod is worth the cost.

what do you think of these.....

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/springfield--fishing-rod-holders--17069840?recordNum=14

Attachments

• 17069840_LRG.jpg
    17069840_LRG.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 665

Latest posts