Recs needed on Seats, Seat Bases, Pedestals,etc...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to install fishing seats in my boat (3 seats with various seat base locations)

I'm 6' tall and weigh about 270# and want my seats and bases to handle this weight and be safe and sturdy.

I like to fish for several hours when I go out....about 6-8 hours, so I want seats that are not only comfortable but at a comfortable height. I prefer bases that do not stick up too high as I fish salt water on occasion and seating does not happen to often while in salt water!

Heavy duty, WIDE, BIG man seats would be great!!

Are the 3/4" pin posts sturdy?
Should I go with a larger base/pedestal.....1.77", 2", or 2 3/8"???? These are Attwood sizes.

I plan on using pedestals about 15" tall so I can get seat height at about 17"-19" which would make for comfortable seat height.

Suggestions needed on seats, bases, pedestals, manufacturers.

Thanks

I got my bases, mounts and pedestals all from here......https://www.springfieldmarinescratchanddent.com/

Pretty good pricing for "scratch and dent". But honestly, all the stuff I got was just barely cosmetically damaged, if at all. Just a scratch or two here or there, IIRC. Purely cosmetic though, and less damage than I would probably have put on them after my first outing.

As far as 3/4" pin, I am 6'8" and weighed as much as 280#'s when I installed mine. I went with the 3/4" Kingpin series. I did reinforce the bases from underneath with some 1" square aluminum stock. They were a little flimsy, but that was the result of my thin aluminum deck, not the base itself. They are super sturdy and I've had no issues with them in the 5 years they've been on my boat.

As far as seats go, I went with the Cabelas high back seats. Not the nicest/fanciest ones you can get, but they are comfortable enough for me for a day of fishing.

Latest posts