Alumacraft T-14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcall2

Reaction score
Can someone help me figure out the manufacture date for this boat?
I can't find anything on the Alumacraft website.
The Coast Guard decal says it's rated for 10 HP max.

IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG

Did you look on the transom brace for a number? My Alumacraft has it stamped on the Transom brace.
Then again mine is a 1959 and yours is much newer.
E-mail that number to Alumacraft, they are real good with getting back to customers.

As far as I can tell, the boat never had transom braces.

You're probably right about the number plate.
The boat had a Western Carolina Sailing Club decal when I got it, so the plate may just be an asset tag.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,553
The M is in the right place for a pre 1984 boat, but it would mean some number(s) are missing.
Someone here will post more helpful data. Sorry I couldn't help but the boat looks nice.

Thanks for your help Robert.

I like the boat much better than the kayak that I traded for it.
Got tired of getting wet every time I went fishing.

USCG Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) are 12-digit numbers.

And 'ACB' is the assigned HIN for Alumacraft ... so I suspect someone accidentally (where they did a good job!) or intentionally removed the last 2 characters. See the PDF file I uploaded, as that fits the format for a hull made after November 1972, but before November 1st, 1984/u].

Therefore, whereas you have 10-digits (missing the last 2) but the 10th one is an '8' ... you at least know that you have a hull of 1980 to 1984 vintage.

Yes ... **** I'm good :wink: ! .... and I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!

Attachments

• USCG HINs.pdf
    212.3 KB · Views: 20
  • HIN.JPG
    HIN.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,542
Thanks for the information.
After cleaning the plate, you can see where there used to be at least one other character.

IMG_0285.JPG

I hope I haven't traded for a stolen boat.
I guess I'll find out when I register it. It hasn't been registered since '91, but the state may still have the numbers on file.
Thanks again for your help.

A couple years back the wife and I bought a twelve foot alumacraft from a buddy of mine.

Attachments

• 1980 Alumacraft Totables and specs.jpg
    1980 Alumacraft Totables and specs.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,529
  • IMG_20160419_013427410.jpg
    IMG_20160419_013427410.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,529
Is that a harbor freight trailer?
Nice looking boat, and it looks like your cleaning it up well.

jcall2 said:
Thanks for the information.
After cleaning the plate, you can see where there used to be at least one other character.

I hope I haven't traded for a stolen boat.
I guess I'll find out when I register it. It hasn't been registered since '91, but the state may still have the numbers on file.
Thanks again for your help.
I think you are safe! I would be worried if it was a gun and missing some numbers...

Latest posts