2001 Tracker Pro Team 175 XT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pop175

Reaction score
First post - history lesson
I'm not new to boats. I am new to buying an older boat.
I ran 22' bass boats for many years. Gave up the big water several years ago and bought a newer Tracker Pro 165 w/ 4 stroke to fish local river. Great boat! Perfect for what I needed and was doing. Should have been the one the kids sold after I'm outta here. Got the bigger boat fever, bought a nice Xpress bay boat, took the grand kids out a few times and that's about it. Just sold it. Was planning on a newer Tracker Pro 160 or 170. Mentioned this to a friend/neighbor who suggested I buy his rig and save myself a bunch of coin.

The rig: 2001 Tracker Pro Team 175 XT w/ Tracker 50

My buddy bought the rig from original owner a few years back. He did a wonderful re-carpet job, upgraded electronics, new batteries, new tires. Took it out a couple of times and then parked it in his climate controlled shop. Hasn't been touched in three years.

Been having trouble trying to locate specs and info on the rig. Have several questions I don't know the answer to.
2001 is welded, correct??
Curious what "XT" means?
The motor is the "Tracker" branded by Mercury 50 hp with the under the cowl oil injection with the fill cap and fill window on the front of the cowl. I don't even know if this is carb or efi. I suspect carb? Are these fairly bulletproof old motors? Is the under the cowl oil injection reasonably reliable?
Any chance "new" three year old batteries will still take a charge?
Are four year old "as new" tires that have been in climate controlled storage compromised?
Any common older tracker hull nightmares I should be aware of that are real and not just internet legend?

Trying to decide if I'm about to save myself a ton of money and have just what I need for short/quick trips to the river,
or am I about to embark on a journey through the money pit????

Any input appreciated.
Thanks

Pop175 said:
First post - history lesson
I'm not new to boats. I am new to buying an older boat.
I ran 22' bass boats for many years. Gave up the big water several years ago and bought a newer Tracker Pro 165 w/ 4 stroke to fish local river. Great boat! Perfect for what I needed and was doing. Should have been the one the kids sold after I'm outta here. Got the bigger boat fever, bought a nice Xpress bay boat, took the grand kids out a few times and that's about it. Just sold it. Was planning on a newer Tracker Pro 160 or 170. Mentioned this to a friend/neighbor who suggested I buy his rig and save myself a bunch of coin.

The rig: 2001 Tracker Pro Team 175 XT w/ Tracker 50

My buddy bought the rig from original owner a few years back. He did a wonderful re-carpet job, upgraded electronics, new batteries, new tires. Took it out a couple of times and then parked it in his climate controlled shop. Hasn't been touched in three years.

Been having trouble trying to locate specs and info on the rig. Have several questions I don't know the answer to.
2001 is welded, correct??
Curious what "XT" means?
The motor is the "Tracker" branded by Mercury 50 hp with the under the cowl oil injection with the fill cap and fill window on the front of the cowl. I don't even know if this is carb or efi. I suspect carb? Are these fairly bulletproof old motors? Is the under the cowl oil injection reasonably reliable?
Any chance "new" three year old batteries will still take a charge?
Are four year old "as new" tires that have been in climate controlled storage compromised?
Any common older tracker hull nightmares I should be aware of that are real and not just internet legend?

Trying to decide if I'm about to save myself a ton of money and have just what I need for short/quick trips to the river,
or am I about to embark on a journey through the money pit????

Any input appreciated.
Thanks
How much is he asking?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Price is not an issue. Very fair.
Just trying to decide what I’d be setting myself up for.

If price is not an issue than buy new

Prowelder said:
If price is not an issue than buy new

I have a 98 and i completely redid it. If it's welded and in good shape it's probably fine.

For the motor, google "1971 Mercury 50 hp reviews". That will bring up many threads on various forums. You can pick and choose what might apply to you.
I personally would not be afraid of the tires. Battery is probably ok. Check level inside, and if it won't hold a charge(which I think it will), it could probably be reconditioned.

Thanks. He’s granted me permission to snag it for a day and play with it. I’m gonna empty the gas, check the tank, replace oil and lower fluid, juice up some new gas with seafoam and a little oil and give it a go.

Latest posts