Jon boat set

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amairi1

Reaction score
What's the best way to put seats in a 10ft Jon Boat I tire of sitting real low

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can try a clamp on. One of my buddies uses a plastic lawn chair that straddles the bench. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
You can try a clamp on. One of my buddies uses a plastic lawn chair that straddles the bench. Works great.

I was looking at the clamps today and was wondering if they were any good. I was also looking at the stand
2859116a375eb42e9fd10c2de692b281.jpg

10’ boat is pretty tippy as is. The higher you get the tippier it’s gonna get.

Weldorthemagnificent said:
10’ boat is pretty tippy as is. The higher you get the tip pier it’s gonna get.

Ok glad you told me that

If you go with a clamp on, make sure it has some type of brackets around the front and rear bars that hold it in place. They don't need to be that big, just something to keep it from shifting and possibly dumping you overboard.

overboard said:
If you go with a clamp on, make sure it has some type of brackets around the front and rear bars that hold it in place. They don't need to be that big, just something to keep it from shifting and possibly dumping you overboard.
Ok thanks for that information

Size a piece of 5/8" plywood that will give you a nice floor between the rear and middle seat.

Then mount your chair to the center of that piece of plywood..... That will put you more in the center of the boat, and will be easy to remove when you don't need it...

IMG_2827.JPG

cover the board with carpet, and tack some of this on the bottom to keep it from moving:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Hold-Plus-Rug-Gripper-Pad/20660295?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=192&adid=22222222227015440728&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=80427185809&wl4=pla-177661403089&wl5=9013132&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=20660295&wl13=192&veh=sem

Amairi1 said:
overboard said:

Ok thanks for that information

I took my screen name from on of them! I twisted to get the net in a buddies boat, the clamp on seat shifted to the side, and I went into a river backwards at night in the blink of an eye! Oh well, you could always change your screen name to overboard II! #-o :lol:
I had one secured on a boat that I owned, never had a problem with that one.

I used this seat slider bracket for the rear seat and a military ammo can for the front seat; it's also functions as the battery box.

Attachments

• Seat-Slider.jpg
    Seat-Slider.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 3,064
  • 20170403_142703.jpg
    20170403_142703.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3,064
  • 20170220_173535.jpg
    20170220_173535.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,064
I have my 10 ft-er set up for car-topping if needed.

Before the accident I used lawn chairs, Nice and comfy but one day while drift fishing a small river my boat mate got snagged and I foolishly attempted to swing her back upstream to save the rig. Boat mate was not ready for that, his lawn chair tipped, he tipped, the boat tipped. (hooray for flotation foam!) Other than a loss of some gear we came out OK but lesson learned about lawn chairs.

Will not help you with height but now I use Stadium Chairs similar to these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-Folding-Stadium-Seat-with-Arms/10154040

Not the most comfortable of seats but they do provide some back support and don't weigh much more than a popcorn fart.

Latest posts