Redo Bench Seat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
So last year when I was doing my build, I goofed and put the hatch on the wrong side of the bench. I installed it on the top on the left side, now I wanna move it to the other side. I was wondering if I took the hatch out and mounted a 1/4" aluminum plate across the whole top would that be strong enough to cover the hole and provide more support for the pedestal seat? As well as being strong enough to hold up another hatch opening on the other side. I have attached a photo showing where the hatch is now.
21eace52f325483230ac5757439f110f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If the bench is regularly shaped (rectangular, no wider in the front than the back) I don't see why you couldn't remove the rivets holding it in place, flip it around, and reinstall the bench putting the hatch on the opposite side.

onthewater102 said:
If the bench is regularly shaped (rectangular, no wider in the front than the back) I don't see why you couldn't remove the rivets holding it in place, flip it around, and reinstall the bench putting the hatch on the opposite side.

Some Yankee Ingenuity just happened right here! =D> =D>

Latest posts