Newbie with a question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aztrooper

Reaction score
I just bought a 10.2 Bass Hound complete with a like new 5hp Mercury 4 stroke engine and trailer for $600. This is my first experience with a plastic boat and got it to take our grandchildren out on the small lakes around here in north central Missouri and teach them how to fish. The boat was stored outside during the winter and there are two bulges in the floor that I think was caused by water in between the bottom hull and the floor layers that froze. The engine was stored in a garage so I think it is OK. When I took the boat off the trailer, I could hear water in between the two layers sloshing around. My question is how can I get the floor to lay flat again. An Idea I had was to use a heat gun, get the floor soft and then put a weight on it. Will that work? Thanks for any help.

Bob

Heat gun will work, but, you have to be very careful. Personally, I'd try to lay it in the sun for a afternoon with a black trash bag draped over the hump. It may return to its original memory.

Latest posts