Coosa board and sringer spacing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallyc

Reaction score
Hello all!
Greetings from the mid Atlantic east coast!
I recently found this site and glad I did! I wish it was around when I did my first Alumacraft 1232. I bought a weldbuilt 14ft mod v about 10 years ago and put an aluminum floor in it when I bought it. Well it’s quite frankly been a great Jon boat so it’s time to do a few things to clean it up.
I’ve been looking at coosa board on the floor instead of aluminum for the thermal and noise benefit
of what it offers. I’ve been looking at the bluewater 26 for those who have had experience with it my question is this.
My floor stringers are 14-16 inches apart center to center or less and the stringers are 2 inches wide do I really need 3/4 or can I get away with the 1/2 ? It’s not a money thing it’s a weight thing I know the coosa is lighter but if 1/2 is more than good then great I just really don’t want any flex.
Thanks in a advance

If you place rigid foam in between the ribs, they will help support the weight. Added flotation is a side benefit.

Thanks. I have rigid foam under it now and it helps some I just tired of the little bit of give under my foot. However the alum is only.080 so it’s not very thick. I have access to a local dist. of the blue water 26 coosa and at eve en only 1/2 thick it would have less flex than what I have I was just curious to see if it had a detrimental effect on the Coosa board if there was a little bit of flex in the floor

Latest posts