Rod deck straps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo

Reaction score
Was looking into these for my deck to hold rods in place. Seems like a lot of boats have these on the deck. I just didn't want more things on the deck to trip on. Does anyone else like these bungee strap style holders?

I use the velcro ones. I think they last a bit longer then the bungee's.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-rod-secure-plus-rod-holder?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions

beetlespin said:
I use the velcro ones. I think they last a bit longer then the bungee's.
Don't use traditional 'bungees' ... buy newer 'elastomer' shock cords!

These new elastomer shock cords are formulated against degradation by UV sunlight, chemicals, salt water and oil. I used to use them as a safety on my anchor off the pulpit and yes, they would dry out a bit and get stiff after constant exposure, but I bet you I got a good 5 to 8 years use out of them. And I still never had one break or fracture.

Made in different lengths, I think these paired with some simple eye or hold-down strap feature might be a viable option!

Attachments

• Shock Cords.jpg
    Shock Cords.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 540
i have double side velcro straps that stick to my carpet. i also use some wide rodsaver straps. they came with the foam rodholders.

Latest posts