Bobs versa tilt & Jac

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyLowe1546

Reaction score
Happy Memorial day to all. The reason for my post is I just recently placed an order for my bobs versa tilt and jac for my 2018 1546 Lowe. After ordering the unit I read bobs dimensions for the unit and they were as follows 23"x19"x12" so I pulled a tape on my transom and I have room but that just seems HUGE. I'm seeking any info or input from anyone who has installed one, owns one, or any info on the bobs versa tilt and jac. Any info is greatly appreciated because I haven't found much of anything online.

Thanks
Marty.

I'm not sure why you would order something as expensive as that without knowing what you are getting? What size motor is it rated for, most of those are rated for a lot bigger motor than you can put on a 1546.

I ordered it knowing exactly what I was getting also ordered it on the notion that if they have been installed on gheenoes that a almost 16 foot aluminum boat would be just fine. I purchased this for my 25 horse mercury and the plate is rated for a max HP of 50. My mercury 25 does not have power trim and tilt which is one reason for the plate also from LOWE when I picked my boat up they had my motor jacked up about 2.5" which is the reason I wanted the jac plate capability which is why I ordered the bobs versa tilt and jac to have the capability to do both and there just really isnt much out there other than bobs for what I wanted. I really appreciated the response.

Thanks
Marty.

Just for anyone who might be interested in ordering one I just got off the phone with Bobs and the gentleman I spoke with said the dimensions for the versa tilt and jac listed on there website for there versa tilt and jac are incorrect there dimensions listed in there additional info are as follows 23"x19"x12" the corrected dimensions per the gentleman at bobs are as follows 16.75" x 13.75" also on there website in the additional info on this unit it states it weighs 60ibs he stated the fully hydraulic unit weighs 40ibs so the hydraulic tilt manual jac should weigh a few pounds less. They stated that they were going to contact there web manger and have the info corrected they have provided. I hope this info helps anyone that might be interested as it did me.

You said you read about the dimensions after you ordered the unit so that is why I asked the question, It should work out great for you, good luck.