bimini for my g3 1756 cc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
im pondering a 6 ft long by 54 in high bimin in camo for my gator tough 1756 cc. i have the t rails and am wondering if i can use them to mount my bimini hardware. the hardware i see can be angled to match the t rail. i can then slide it forward or back. has anyone done this? slide mounts are available but i think i wouldnt need them. i appreciate everyones help.

installed my bimini saturday. took boat out sunday. used SS hardware from HD to bolt thru gunnel. centered top on cockpit area. cockpit is 6 ft in length, top is 6 ft. tall enough to stand and run rig. front deck is open with no hindrances. rear deck u can take one of the straps down for more clearance. easy up. taking down is a small job to get everything wrapped and boot on. couple minutes. waterproofed top w spray before install. use pool noodles to stop vibration when trailering. top fall just behind rear seat when down, would have been ideal if it landed on seat when down. need to rig some kind of standoff when trailering. have a noodle wrapped on a 2 x 4 for now. any questions ask away. it sure is nice to get in the shade every now and then. will post pics if i can.

Post some pics when you get a chance. I want to get a bimini this year for my Lowe 1652 and I was thinking the 6' one should cover my front platform and forward console. I wrote down all the dimensions last year and of course I can't find them now. #-o

i mounted mine backwards so i can still fish out the back,and not have to use the straps,so nothing is in the way from the helm back. the vertical posts that normally are on the back are now on the front.i cut 2 pieces of stainless tube that go horizontal to the upright brackets a foot or so from where they form the v.i got a complete set of nylon fittings off amazon.the top stays nice and tight when the wind is blowing,and i can unhook the horizontals when it's calm and push the top forward out of the way in a hurry.all the pins are quick release pins with the wire that loops over.can't remember the name of them right now.(wire lock?) so no unscrewing anything.

I'm pretty sure I will want to make it adjustable so it can slide forwards or backwards so I'll want to use the gunnel slots to mount everything. The boat gets narrower towards the front and that's probably where I'll leave it most of the time so I'm covered sitting on the front deck. I'm not sure exactly where it will mount so the width of the bimini bows might be around 64" to 69". Does anyone know a good source for some type of T bolt to slide into the gunnel slot?

tried posting pics have to go thru all the resizing stuff.also pondered using my t rail. just not enough material to make me happy. thin aluminum. bolt thru was much safer. still pondering slide track, relatively cheap < 50$.bimini seems to be positioned perfectly centered on cockpit.

Latest posts