Anyone know what this base may be for?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooknhorns

Reaction score
Hello fellows, first post on here. I’ve owned numerous jon boats and other boats over the years. I just picked up my newest addition. The boat is a 2016 1648 alumacraft. When I picked it up the lady knew very little about it. It has had a nice aluminum front platform installed with a large base underneath. I have no idea what it the base was used for and I stumped. The inside diameter is 2.5”. Any ideas?!?
0ffe89b6432d8f19197f104af1a0a0f5.heic
dc72a4b65d04d0fa3dac88a65ed918fa.heic

jbird68 said:
Umbrella? Or a tent pole for a cover.

jbird68

Morrison, IL
Yeah I’ve thought that a time or two, It just seems heavy duty for a small task like that. Umbrella would be nice on long hot days on the water.

I use an umbrella instead of a Bimini top. The only thing is if it is windy out it becomes a sail. Great for hot, calm days.

jbird68

Morrison, IL

bcbouy said:
it may have been for a crane ,winch,crab pot puller,davit arm,something along those lines.
That does make sense, I bought from a lady that had an orchard on the river. She did say they occasionally had to move the pump for Irragation in the river. May have to get a davit arm for future gator hunting!

One of mine had a long pedestal kind of like that. You could only take the seat off at the top. Yours looks like it might be custom made.

ZmQ1Rk1l.jpg

Latest posts