Lowe Skorpion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverLife

Reaction score
Well I was not planning an upgrade but my neighbors just hung a for sale sign on their fishing boat. Looks like the guy is pissed and caved to his wife. Bought a pontoon pleasure craft. He threw all his fishing gear in the boat. Everything goes he said.

It's a 2012 Lowe Skorpion with a Merc 25 4 stroke. Absolutely mint and hardley used. Sat in garage most of its life. Said he would take 6500. Has newer batteries AGM Cabelas.

I currently have a 1998 Lowe big jon 1448mv with 15hp 2 smoke. Fish small electric motor only water and river near my home.

Anybody own a Skorpion? Any feedback would be much appreciated before I sell my vehicle to happiness. It looks like a decent rig and sure is more current.

Looks like a good price on the Nada. Probably rated for a 50 hp.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2012/Lowe-Ind/SKORPION-BASS-SC___/32029501/values

Yes it is rated for a fifty.

He let me take it out today and play with it. Seems like a nice boat for what I enjoy doing. My only complaint was the 25hp is a dog. Really slow to get on plane and mild mannered. The fuel injection is nice however and no more mixing gas. Be nice not to have to run it wide open.

Sold my old rig today. Think I'm going to pay this guy and pick up the Skorpion. Not my dream boat but I know the back ground of it and the fact that it is virtually new. I bet there isnt two hours on the motor. Then the price is great. I don't think I could get a different boat for same money in this kind of shape.

See how it goes. Another stepping stone. Started with an inflatable Sea Eagle with 2hp Johnson Seahorse. Then for a Bass Buster 11' plastic boat with a Nissan 5hp. Then for a Lowe Big Jon with a 15hp Mercury.

Did I miss the length and width? Or is there only one model skorpian?

I see 16 ft on the nada site. Looks like a good boat. I really don't put much value on outboard hours. Those things will run forever if taken care of. Me personally I would want more HP if going 4 stroke. I think you will be forking out some dough to upgrade the motor on this one. Then maybe you are $8k in? Seems like enough budget to get what you want in a 40 or 60 hp.

Good luck!

20180616_204607.jpgWell folks here she is in my garage. Spent some time checking it over today. Can't believe the engine oil looks like it was just poured in and grease in trailer hubs is still red. This thing is minty fresh. Had to replace a fuel line connection. Will change fluids in engine to make myself feel better.

Going to have to figure out an anchor system.

Attachments

• 20180616_204607.jpg
    20180616_204607.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 999

Latest posts