1978 16' Terry Aluminum Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrin

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at this boat pictured below. Wondering your opinions on the asking price of $1600. That price includes a 2000ish trailer and a 1978 Terry boat. The boat is bare bones, no lights, battery, electronics, etc. It's the bare boat.

Thanks in advance!

Is that a hole in it? It looks fair enough considering its summer and used boats are soaring in this economy. What motor do you have in mind? Does the trailer have a title? Boat?

Stumpalump said:
Is that a hole in it? It looks fair enough considering its summer and used boats are soaring in this economy. What motor do you have in mind? Does the trailer have a title? Boat?
Yes, that is a small hole up front. Boat and trailer are both titled. Not concerned with an outboard as this would be a electric lake only rig.

I'd say that in my area it's an ok price. Not a bargain by any means. If you like the boat layout/design then it's a good staring point. I'd want to get it for more like $1200. A brand new, 2018 Yacht Club trailer in that size could be bought for right around $900, and you've got a very old tin boat needing work. To me the trailer is a $600 value and the boat is worth like $600, but that is just my opinion.

Not sure on that particular boat and trailer, but I'd sell my 2008 Rhino on a 2008 Masteryde galvanized trailer for about that. Bare boat with a $150 set of LED Nav lights. In no way trying to say my boat is better as I have no clue on the one you are looking at, but figured I would throw it out there. I'm ready to order a new hull.

Attachments

• bareboat.jpg
    bareboat.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 970
Bateman said:
Not sure on that particular boat and trailer, but I'd sell my 2008 Rhino on a 2008 Masteryde galvanized trailer for about that. Bare boat with a $150 set of LED Nav lights. In no way trying to say my boat is better as I have no clue on the one you are looking at, but figured I would throw it out there. I'm ready to order a new hull.
Too bad we are so far apart, we would be having a serious conversation about your boat! :beer:

Darrin said:
Bateman said:
Too bad we are so far apart, we would be having a serious conversation about your boat! :beer:

No worries. Good luck with search!

Latest posts