Adding a portable tank to existing fuel cell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
Ok, I know it's been a while since I've been around. I've been enjoying the heck out of my Weldbilt since I restored it.

One thing I did during the restore was have an aluminum fuel cell installed in the bow. The largest size I could get away with was about 6 gallons. This is fine for a single day of fishing, but on multiple day excursions I've found myself needing more fuel. So I added a 3 gallon portable tank to the rear, and plumbed it into my fuel water separator bracket with a cutoff switch between the tank and FWS, which has dual inlets and outlets for running twin engines.

What I've discovered is, that with the cutoff switch open, the engine pulls fuel from the cell up front, and little to no fuel from the tank in the back. I'm thinking the solution lies somewhere in the portable tank and somehow keeping it from venting. I want to avoid installing a cutoff switch on the fuel cell side, only because the one on the portable tank was rather expensive and hard to come by. I've attached a schematic to better explain my setup.

Attachments

• fuel schemaic.png
    fuel schemaic.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 435
It will pull fuel from the path of least resistance.. I would do a shut- off valve on each suction line.. or a 3 way valve.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Latest posts