Leaky ouachita jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 17 ft ouachita jon with foam filled sides that is leaking from somewhere and I can not find out where. The leak is not so bad that I can not use the boat But I have to run the bilge for about three minutes once an hour. I was wondering if there was something I could paint the boat with to help my leak problem. The boat could use a paint job anyhow. Thanks in advance

First thing I would do is fill the inside up with water and find that leak.

Once you ID the leak you should be able to tighten up/replace the faulty rivets to stop the leak.

Man, I've done that way too many times. Get to the water to find another leak, fish a while, bail some water out with an old coffee can. Get it back home, fill it with water, fix a few rivets, repeat another day.

So glad I don't have to deal with RIVETS anymore!

turbotodd said:
Man, I've done that way too many times. Get to the water to find another leak, fish a while, bail some water out with an old coffee can. Get it back home, fill it with water, fix a few rivets, repeat another day.

So glad I don't have to deal with RIVETS anymore!

No doubt, my dad and I bailed water out of an old sea king many times. I miss that boat. But he now has a bass tracker and we love it. Maybe one day I will be able to afford an all welded boat myself, but until then my jon will have to do. The search for the ultimate primary catfish secondary bass boat continues. The bass tracker is not my cup of tea at all for catfishing. The smoker crafts do look nice for my wants and needs though. Much like a bass tracker v hull

Latest posts