Putting Seats on benches

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10point

Reaction score
Just spent a week fishing in Canada with my Dad and we both think we need something more comfortable to sit on. I'm thinking about the millennium seats. I'm also thinking that at least for the one near the transom I need it to slide. Anyone here have experience with the mounts that allow you to slide? Below picture is one of the seats how they currently are. Any suggestions?
f700ad8de2df1597d520c712559a6b5b.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I used the one that slid side to side, but also allowed for removal and that worked out great, for my use. Up front, centered on bow bench and to port on the middle bench, I mounted a 6”x6” square base for pin mount seats. That worked really great, allowing the crew one place for running and another for foshing, as desired.

9a636fff2e6415f3a2898e2e4e298bf3.jpg

This worked for me. You can slide them a little bit but there is an angle iron piece that the seat base grabs. You could always put a couple extra angles. I find I don’t move mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
9a636fff2e6415f3a2898e2e4e298bf3.jpg

This worked for me. You can slide them a little bit but there is an angle iron piece that the seat base grabs. You could always put a couple extra angles. I find I don’t move mine.

Nice thing about these is if you ever move or remove them, you can use the bench seat without having any brackets or base hardware in the way.

If you have smooth benches without the lip on top, the clamp style seat mounts will not grip very well.

They will work fine, but if you try to lean back very hard it will slip off the bench.

My seat bases came with little angle irons that get screwed in for the clamp to hook over.

Latest posts