Need suggestions for raising seat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10point

Reaction score
I'm putting Millennium seats in with these slider G5 bases. Here's a picture of what I'm working on. I'm going to need to it to be three and a half to 4 inches higher at the max. I know they sell 5-inch pedestals but those will be too tall. Other than building something out of wood to attach to the bench seat can anyone think of any other options I have? Could I add wood between the swivl and the seat?
2354f18f09c6c5044e8fe45d4bdbfd6e.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if I could get a few more swivel bases and long hex screws to go through all of them so that only the bottom one turns and just add height that way. I just stopped at the hardware store and I can get screws up to 8 inches long.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

"Could I add wood between the swivl and the seat?"

I did that on my last boat but only 3/4". Don't know why a thicker wood block wouldn't work. I recently made some 2" blocks out of a couple of 1" thick pieces of King Starboard for my down riggers. Don't know why something like that wouldn't work either.

As already said by LDubs, you have the answer.

I'd put a 2x6 (or whatever) plate on the top and another one on the bottom. Viola...3 inches. Use the proper size bolts and I'd probably use larger fender washers to spread the load.

Latest posts