Cheap marine carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriecrappie33

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for the cheapest marine carpet possible , I'm just using it to lay on my existing rubber floor for camping trip, the floors get too hot for the pooch and I don't want him to burn his pads. I need 6x14 ft.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516670105805.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516670105805.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,798
I just had to buy some and it was $8.95 per foot at my local marine supply store. I think that was for 72" wide or something. I thought that was pretty good but I didn't exactly shop around.

I'm using Home Depot I/O gray. It is 6 foot width, don't remember the length.

Decent stuff for a low price.

CedarRiverScooter said:
I'm using Home Depot I/O gray. It is 6 foot width, don't remember the length.

Decent stuff for a low price.
Yep you could do your whole boat for about $30.

I agree with the others.
I just used about 12 feet of the gray Home Depot ind/out carpet. As others said, 6 foot width.
Glued with Roberts 6700.
About $60 to do my 1448sc grizzly.
Easy to cut, of course not super plush, but IMO ok quality.

Ace57

i used the grey HD stuff. used 2 face tape and spray adhesive. dont go crazy with the application and u can pull up in a couple trs and redo. i love the idea of hydro turf, just not the price. that being said i will do the boat in it when this carpet wears out. good luck

i had the hd grey i/o in my g3 for 7 years.every fall i scrubbed it down with simoniz car interior upholstery shampoo in the spray can and it still looked new after all that time.

That HD indoor/outdoor in black is what I used on my bunks, if it's the same stuff it holds up well. Depending on your beam, you could just buy a decks length of grey and tuck it under the edges of your floor mats to hold it. The pooch will find out where the places to avoid are :twisted: Comes in 6ft width. I paid around $30 for a 6X7' chunk.

https://www.budsmotorsports.com/marine-carpet

This is some new guy close to my hometown. Don't know anything about him but I heard his ad on the radio and was considering putting the vinyl floor on the deck of my boat. Don't know how the prices compare but its convenient for me because its just down the road and I can go look at it over before I buy it.

I picked some outdoor sandstone color at Menards. Think I paid about 60 bucks or so for materials. Two years and still looks nice. I wait till mud and sand dry then shop vac or regular vaccuum it. When it gets real bad power washer.

Ditch the heavy rubber mats.

Latest posts