Looking at buying a new to me boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L4yerCak3

Reaction score
I've seen this boat up for sale for the past few days but can't seem to find any info on it. It looks to me like a Chrysler Mustang but hey, according to my wife I've been wrong before. It comes with a 33 HP Johnson, the trailer, and obviously the boat. No clue on leaks or overall condition other than pics. Thoughts? Any info on the boat itself? Worth my time?
Cheers,
Cake
NXydPmV.jpg

Your inquiry is a great step towards avoiding buyer remorse!

1st thing to consider is what do you want to use a boat for?

Fishing? Family time? Water sports? Whitewater rapids :)

Looks like nice boat but quite dated.

You may have a hard time finding a shop that wants to work on that old of a motor.

Also, the motor will use quite a bit of fuel for its output. May not be a big deal if you don't use it much.

Keep in mind everything about it is old, so steering cable, control cables, wiring, fuel line all will need replacing at some time.

If you get it at the right price, it could serve you well.

PS - The transom overlay is a clue for rotted plywood underneath.

If the price is right. Looks like a good project boat. I believe I’d chuck that motor and hang a newer 35 on it. Again, price and how much work you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to take a look today after work. He was asking $900 for the boat, motor, and trailer. The transom looked like it had seen better days, same with the floor. The pictures he had posted were not current, the paint was peeling off, the passenger seats were separated, and the trailer had a nasty looking rust hole beside the left tire. Price was good but I wasn't looking for a major project rebuild.
The motor was in good shape though, the wiring and fuel lines looked solid, no sign of corrosion.
I'm going to wait though, something else will come along. Cheers for the advice.

Latest posts