Alweld 1648 Marsh

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moloch16

Reaction score
I'm in buy mode looking to upgrade to a bigger boat. I like the looks of the 1648 Marsh but the front deck seems small. Hard to tell from pictures though, does anyone have any experience with this model and can comment on the front deck and anything else they like or dislike?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 7.52.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 7.52.48 AM.png
    388.3 KB · Views: 1,423
I've seen a few in person almost bought a used one. About 3700 new for that hull, no trailer or prep. The deck is a bit small if you're looking to bass fish or need a casting deck. I've realized quickly with my new boat going from a flat front to a V really cuts down on a standard decks size. I ran my boat for 1.5 hours to break in the motor and immediately took it to the fab shop for a deck extension. Not the alweld but it is a 1648 and the decks are about the same size. Alweld does offer an extended deck with a storage compartment. Very nice but it's of course more money and harder to find in stock.

I spent 6 months looking and only bought the Weldbilt because it was new/used hull on a trailer close to home. Imo, there isn't a better commercial jon hull in the market than Alweld. Inspect their welds compared to others.

The factory will build/add a deck and about everything else except an in-floor fuel tank. They will paint it any way you want inside and out, check out the floor non-skid spray, it will stay cool too.

Their website is kind of confusing, you have to pick it over to find the accessories pages. https://www.alweld.com/custom-boats When I upgrade, it will be an 1860 Alweld Marsh with extras.

Call the factory, you'll be happy you talked with the guys there. Where are you located, there is a board sponsor here that keeps a hundred tins on the lot in east NC. Here is one of the deck options.

Attachments

• 100_3063.JPG
    100_3063.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,235
Thanks for the updates. I did order a flat bottom from AK in fayetteville. Went with the flat bottom for the additional deck space. Can't wait for it to arrive!!!

Latest posts