Help identifying paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogers954

Reaction score
This is what the whole inside of my 1978 Lowe hustler pro is covered with I have no clue what it is so i was hoping maybe someone on here could identify it for me. I’m going to do an customs bass deck on it this winter and i am on the fence if I’m going to bother painting the inside of the hull since 95% of it is going to be covered by the deck anyway. If i don’t decide to paint I’d like to just touch up some areas with the same coating (if i can find it) where it has been rubbed off like on the rail. Thanks

Attachments

• C12F14F5-BFCA-43DC-92A0-757BB60EB04A.jpeg
    C12F14F5-BFCA-43DC-92A0-757BB60EB04A.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 517
  • 9AD468F2-8ABF-4EC7-BD31-2250B1F9B332.jpeg
    9AD468F2-8ABF-4EC7-BD31-2250B1F9B332.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 517
Looks like it could be Zolatone paint to me. This stuff was called trunk paint in the old days. I applied some to a boat many years ago and it did not hold up well. I suspect it was user (my) error as this product is used extensively by boat builders. In fact it is the product used in my last two boats. If in fact it is Zolatone, you can check the different colors/finishes at zolatone.com (I'm just not good enough with colors to try for a match).

LDUBS said:
Looks like it could be Zolatone paint to me. This stuff was called trunk paint in the old days. I applied some to a boat many years ago and it did not hold up well. I suspect it was user (my) error as this product is used extensively by boat builders. In fact it is the product used in my last two boats. If in fact it is Zolatone, you can check the different colors/finishes at zolatone.com (I'm just not good enough with colors to try for a match).

Appreciate the reply I’ll give that a look.

Latest posts