Bucket and barrels - FREE - Oh my ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
FYI:

These are FREE if you can pick them up!

If anyone near me needs buckets, I can get many of these per week.

1. Regular 5-gallon ones, some with O-Rings and locking covers
  2. Or square/tall 5-gal ones with snap-on covers (I use these for general storage in the shed, as they stack easily!)
  3. Tall 15-gallon ones with O-Rings and snap-ring locks
  4. Large 55-gallon ones ... every few weeks

The large ones make ideal DIY live wells!

Attachments

• Buckets & Barrels.jpg
    Buckets & Barrels.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,138
I guess the biggest question(s) a guy could have would be; Are these new and unused?
If not, what was in them before you got them?
Pricing structure?

Roger

I'm taking a trip up to Maine in late August - if you've got any of the 55 gallon sized ones by then I'd be interested in as many as 3 of them for a dock I keep dreaming of building one day.

DaleH said:
FREE ... we recycle them, from our mfg materials.
*********************************************************************************************

COOL! Then it doesn't matter what might have been in them before. I'm too far away to make it practical, but your offer is outstanding.

BTW....HDPE? If so, I need to pick your brains about the material a bit.

Roger

Are you involved with the actual melting and forming or casting of the materials?
I'm wanting to do some things in HDPE, but don't know enough about the materials quite yet.

Roger

when i worked at thermo-fisher scientific we all took buckets, barrels, eeverything that was left over from manufacturing. fill out a form and it was yours. i asked for some buckets from formulations, dude came to the lab with 20, 6 gallon buckets with locking lids that had o-rings. it was like christmas.

I believe that all manufactured plastic "stuff" these days has to have a code number on it. The codes are below.

Table of resin codes
Recycling number Abbreviation Polymer name
1 PETE or PET Polyethylene terephthalate
2 HDPE or PE-HD High-density polyethylene
3 PVC or V Polyvinyl chloride
4 LDPE or PE-LD Low-density polyethylene
3 more rows
Resin identification code - Wikipedia

I think I am going to need to grab one of the 15 gallons from you for a baitwell project for the big boat. Maybe 2 of them actually. And if I come there, I would take 3 or 4 of the square ones too.

Latest posts