Do all (or most) tinnys have oar mounting "thingies" ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I don't remember my 1032 topper having them, but my Lowe and most models even the larger ones do. Do many tin boats have oar lock mounts? Seems as if the manufacturers either don't put them on or if they do consider them a such a minor addition they don't mention them in the specs.

These days, I suspect that anything that isn't demanded by the buying public won't be included. Heck, it might add five dollars per side to the wholesale cost of the boat.

I really don't know the answer. I'd think it would be a handy addition to any tinny, up to 18 feet or so.

Due to the popularity of electric motors as a secondary power source, having oar locks on a modern boat is a waste of money from a manufacturing standpoint.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

True story (as are ALL of mine...well, maybe MOST of mine). Ha Ha

I was fishing a little local bass tournament two years ago. My trolling motor came into contact with a rock. (operator error). The prop broke.

I spent the next four hours paddling my 1652 G3 and my fishing partner all over that d@$@%^ little lake with a kayak paddle. I used it full length and stood on the bow, paddling from side to side to keep us within casting distance of the shoreline. I would have given big bucks that day to have oar locks.

Oh yes...we came in fourth place!

richg99

I had to have them added to the new jon boat I bought. I also purchased high quality oars. I fish rivers that are often shallow too shallow for my trolling motor and the oars come in handy not only for rowing, but for helping push the boat off of rocks and stuff.

Looking at this web site for Lowe boats the smaller jons have them for sure which you can see clearly in the photos. I looked at the 10-14' models.

https://www.loweboats.com/jon-boats/l1040-jon/

Latest posts