Newbie in Az

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyr4efect

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been viewing posts for a month or so. I am considering pulling the trigger on a 2019 Crestliner Retreiver Jon 1546 tiller, 25 hp merc ELHPT EFI. Also thinking about the crestliner interior coating.

Anyone have any experience with this boat. Any advise welcome.

Thx

Friend of mine has one. And it is a great boat for what he, we use it for. Mostly small rivers. It is a great platform for mods for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:
Friend of mine has one. And it is a great boat for what he, we use it for. Mostly small rivers. It is a great platform for mods for sure.

I am thinking to mount a stand up tiller grab bar.
https://www.fishonfabrications.com/custom-fabrication.html
You having been in one, is the forward deck deep enough to cut out a hatch for a TM battery. It doesn't look deep enough from the pics.

Thx for your info
Mike

Sent from

my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is. But I would deck it with the front deck and middle seats. Then put a hatch in so the batteries are on the floor inside.

gatorglenn said:
Yes it is. But I would deck it with the front deck and middle seats. Then put a hatch in so the batteries are on the floor inside.

Tracker updated their site today. 2019 Tracker 1648. deck hatch is done.

Now 25hp or 40 is 1700 more.

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=4593

I truly believe in max hp a hull. But if the power to weight ratio isn’t a huge difference. Then sometimes under power by no more than 15 hp. The thing about the Trackers, are that they are heavy for there size. With longitudeable stringers and a 1/4” floor. So to go with the Tracker. Max it out. That’s the only way I would go.

gatorglenn said:
I truly believe in max hp a hull. But if the power to weight ratio isn’t a huge difference. Then sometimes under power by no more than 15 hp. The thing about the Trackers, are that they are heavy for there size. With longitudeable stringers and a 1/4” floor. So to go with the Tracker. Max it out. That’s the only way I would go.

Thx for your input Gatorglenn.
I had a Alumacraft classic 165 tiller. Casting deck was carpet over ply. It sagged when walking. Boat was a 800+lb 16ft. I had a 60 yam. Max hp. It probably would have been ok with a 40. The 1648 would probably be ok with a 25 but if I do get one it will have a 40. Waiting for the dealer to get the 2019 in so I can look before I order. Of all the tin boat dealers I have researched Tracker has been the most friendly and helpful.

A little helpful tip if you go with the Tracker (which would be my choice) pull all those black rubber plugs in the floor, and full the holes flush with 3M 5200. Before you do any carpeting. This will protect water from getting to the foam underneath the floors and decks. And if you drill any holes in the floor, in the center line 2’ of the boat your ok. That is open all the way. But the rest out to the gunnels. You’ll need to 5200 all the screws. There is a reason the seat pedestal miles are in the center of the boat. People get all upset because they cut in other pedestal bases over the foam, and when the boat get water logged. Then there mad at the manufacture. These tip will keep the foam in good shape, for many years.

gatorglenn said:
A little helpful tip if you go with the Tracker (which would be my choice) pull all those black rubber plugs in the floor, and full the holes flush with 3M 5200. Before you do any carpeting. This will protect water from getting to the foam underneath the floors and decks. And if you drill any holes in the floor, in the center line 2’ of the boat your ok. That is open all the way. But the rest out to the gunnels. You’ll need to 5200 all the screws. There is a reason the seat pedestal miles are in the center of the boat. People get all upset because they cut in other pedestal bases over the foam, and when the boat get water logged. Then there mad at the manufacture. These tip will keep the foam in good shape, for many years.

I figured the plugs were covering holes but why are there holes there in the first place.

Im looking into different floor/deck coatings. I had my rockers Line X on my 2001 Z71. I really liked it. Held up well.

Latest posts