What am I ?? do you know ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldboat

Reaction score
Another tin boat for me !! I just looked at this boat and will be bringing it home this weekend !! =D> I couldn't pass it up !! Its Mine !! after many hours of looking and looking I finally found out just what it is... make and model and approximant year.. do you know what it is ??

Attachments

• detorit river boat 3.jpg
    detorit river boat 3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,058
  • detroit river boat2.jpg
    detroit river boat2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4,058
  • detroit river boat 1.jpg
    detroit river boat 1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 4,058
eshaw said:
Relic??? I've never seen one like it.
factory built boat !! well known high quality manufacturer... model made from the late 40s to 1954 with 21" 18", and 15" transoms and 18 1/2 ft long .. all aluminum structure except some flooring, doors, benches, transom, inside paneling, etc. steering inside and outside..

I have no earthly idea but I’d hate to be in it if it starts hailing. It would be deafening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
I have no earthly idea but I’d hate to be in it if it starts hailing. It would be deafening!

actually from what I've found out they were paneled inside with mahogany paneling and insolation between the aluminum and the paneling.. so maybe not so bad !! lol

https://cinemavehicles.com/i-23143212-1951-aero-craft-aluminum-fishing-boat.html#!brand%3DLos%20Angeles

https://www.aerocraft-boats.org/boats/0055/index.html

nice find...

Popeye-Boat-2.jpg

If you had a new f150, an airstream trailer and that boat all hooked together, they would call you the aluminator!

=D> Thank You all for playing !! its a very unusual boat... you are correct Shaugh !! its a Aero-Craft Model JCC.. which stands for.. Junior Cabin Cruiser !! they were made in St Charles, Mi. about 30 miles from where I live...

jethro said:
Hope it's got air conditioning!
the front and side windows tilt open from the bottom.. can be steered from inside or outside..

Billinthedesert said:
That's certainly going to be the hit of the boat shows! Wonder how she will handle weather.
the second link provided by Shaugh from his post has a YouTube video and a description of how his went through rough weather.. seems to have handled it easily ..

The windows are pretty large, so I don't think it will be much different than a Bimini top as far as getting warm. Very nice in the fall and winter. Beach camping...etc... I've wanted to do a hardtop for years but can never find one that wasn't robbery.

They have their limitations for fishing but the cool factor is off the charts.

well I went back for a second look just a little while ago.. I'm kinda on the fence with it now.. the trailer is pretty much junk but I already suspected that.. the boats structure seems quite solid with only a few minor dents to deal with.. the mahogany paneling and dash is still on the inside.. couldn't tell for sure if it was actually bad but at least the patterns would be useable if the panels were bad.. the transom wood will be very easy to replace.. the seat cushions were there and the dash interments and keys were also... my biggest turn off is the center braces and levers were all missing that hold the windows open... I'm not sure just how to remedy this problem.. it I had just one to copy maybe I could get some made... It may end up being a deal breaker :( :(

That boat would look super cool fixed up. Personally I’d have no application for it except maybe downrigging for two, but the restoration would be fun.

Yeah.. #-o that's why I'm at a crossroad with it.. I like it.. but I don't know if I need another large project.. I think it would be awesome all polished up... if it wasn't missing those window openers :cry: that's really what slows me down on it.. and I still have my Arkansas Traveler project I'm making progress on.. :)

Got pictures of the inside? Doesn't seem to me like making a bracket to prop up a window could be all that difficult.

Latest posts