How to survive 10 hours overboard in the ocean.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpalump

Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/08/20/british-woman-who-fell-off-ship-in-croatia-credits-singing-and-yoga-for-surviving-10-hour-ordeal.html

I saw that story. Depending on your body you may be able to last longer in that situation than someone else. Growing up I have always been able to swim for as long as I can remember. When I was young I could not float at all like some people could. I have a friend who is very fit and has entered a lot of marathons and bike races. He entered a triathlon once and says he will never do that again. He can swim but as soon as he stops swimming he said he sinks like a rock. He said the other swimmers would take a little break or ease up here and there to refresh but he could not do that during the swim. He could keep pace on the run and bike ride fine but swim was too much. This woman is lucky to have made it. She is lucky to not have been seriously injured in the fall overboard enough to hamper her ability to swim/tread water for 10 hours. She is lucky there were no hungry fishes in the area. I am glad she made it.

Probably her singing is what kept the sharks away. Gotta remember that in case I ever fall over a railing into the deep blue sea.
:lol: Tim

What I'm hearing is she was drunk and had been arguing with her boy friend most of the day. Apparently this was a suicide attempt, but embarrassed about being rescued, she claims she fell. She changed her story back to admiting it was suicide when she was subjected to severe criticism in social media. To me, the fact she stayed afloat for 10 hours is kind of strange if she was indeed trying to cash it all in. But then again, she obviously was not thinking very clearly. I read that the cruise ship made a U turn and searched for several hours before being relieved by the Croatian SAR. I also read that the cruise ship has her on video, so they probably know whether it was an accident or not.

This is just stuff I've read. I have no way of knowing if it is factual or not.

LDUBS said:
I also just heard that they just released the name of the British lady who fell off the ship: "Eileen Dover".

:LOL2:
Chuckle Chuckle!
I read up on the Golden Gate Bridge jumpers. They have had like 1000's but some survive. When asked what went thru their mind right after they jumped. Almost every one said the same thing. "Boy did I screew up". Sorry I could not think of a joke....

Latest posts