1648 tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsmith

Reaction score
Greetings,
I am. Ew to boating and just l bought a 1648 tracker grizzly boat with a side console. I have to leave my boat outside as it doesn't fit into my garage. I left my life jackets and some line in the front storage not realizing that water would still get into it. It started to mildew within 3-4 days. Aren't the storage comparts susposed to be water tight. Or atleast not let that much moisture in to create mold within a few days. What would be the best way to keep that compartment dry or is there any way to seal it completely. I just bought a cover for it and invested into a bilge wizzard to help keep airflow going through it to while it's covered it not sure if that will be enough. Thanks for reading.

A good cover with support bows inside will keep rain out. Keeps leaves & other stuff out too.

Letting it dry out after usage is a good idea too.

I keep PFDs in garage specifically to avoid the mildew problem.

jdsmith said:
Greetings,
I am. Ew to boating and just l bought a 1648 tracker grizzly boat with a side console. I have to leave my boat outside as it doesn't fit into my garage. I left my life jackets and some line in the front storage not realizing that water would still get into it. It started to mildew within 3-4 days. Aren't the storage comparts susposed to be water tight. Or atleast not let that much moisture in to create mold within a few days. What would be the best way to keep that compartment dry or is there any way to seal it completely. I just bought a cover for it and invested into a bilge wizzard to help keep airflow going through it to while it's covered it not sure if that will be enough. Thanks for reading.

I recently bought a 1648 grizzly tiller model. The storage is not water tight for sure.
My bow seat base hole is open to the storage area beneath.
Fortunately, the boat fits in my garage.
Love this thing so far. Its built like a tank compared to my old boat. Enjoy!

The trick is to let it breathe after the rain.. if covered, it should have vents.
Tarping anything with a blue tarp is the worst thing you can do.. it keeps the rain out, but then holds moisture in for days afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Latest posts