Neat idea for tin boat SAFETY boarding ladder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Add a SS 3-step telescoping ladder to the stern. Put it high and zero holes below the waterline, just make sure to insulate the tin from the SS bracket and fasteners.

Here's one for only $46! Or search eBay for '3 step telescoping ladder'.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Step-Boat-Stainless-Steel-Telescoping-Ladder-Swim-Upper-Platform-Marine-Yacht/173233632245?epid=23007871789&hash=item28558773f5:g:DiIAAOSwQcJaOiRk:rk:1:pf:0

You can see my friend added a simple looped bungee (top left) to keep it collapsed, plus there was a 'notch' that held it up when not in use. Pretty slick!

Attachments

• Swim2.jpg
    Swim2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Swim1.jpg
    Swim1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,202
I'll tell you, with my new to me big boat, the rear swim platform has one of these on it and it makes getting into the boat a breeze, even when it's on the hard. Makes me want one for the 14'er as well.

Neat. Good find. I need one like that but always hated the idea of drilling holes in the transom... I guess if they are high enough, I can handle it. thanks for posting rich

Beautiful!

Been thinking about adding one of these to mine. Will make swimming at the lake off the boat much easier!

Thanks for sharing.