New G3 2009 1756 CC leaning post installation? Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KNEWMAN_tX

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I knew to the boating world and need just a little help. I want to add a leaning post to my boat but can't find any info on the how.. Attached is the 2 that I'm looking at. Any help would be appreciated.

Kyle

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,594
  • seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,592
Well, for best results, they will need to be trough bolted to the floor or deck, you will need to be able to access the back side of the deck or floor. If you can't access the back side there are fasteners that will allow you to only access one side, there is a SS molly bolt nut that is used for blind installations. I got some at my marine supply place when I installed a console a long time ago, don't know the name but will look to see if I can find them. Of course there are also huge pop rivets that could be used, not sure how big they make them but I am thinking along the lines of 1/4".

The ones I used were similar to a hollow wall anchor (molly bolt) but were stainless steel.

Maybe these. https://imperialrivet.blogspot.com/2013/04/stainless-steel-blind-jack-nuts.html

Not what I used, can't find those but, these would work.

I know if it were me I'd prefer the top one. Smaller foot print and better access to the hatches behind it. You could bolt it to the deck behind it easily instead of the floor. You could even make it height adjustable if you wanted.

#1: Assume it is connected somehow to the bulkhead (where the footrest is) as well as the floor. If not, there is a lot of stress/leverage on the two connection points in the floor

#2: four legs = less stress on the connection points. Could obstruct storage.

You definitely don't want it to rock, it needs to be solid and a backing plate may also be in order.

i have the 1756 cc w a 70 hp. 2018. the 2 leaning postas u have pics of are around 400$ each. i have been looking at them myself. ak mccallum sells the second one but says it is expensive to ship. the first one was sitting in my rig when i first looked at the dealers. i prefer the second one, it leaves the back deck open. i have also pondered making one with emt and fabricating a cushion.i also pondered installing another seat base centered on the console. my dealer assured me there was room to screw it down.. a seat base and post would enable u to lean.please let me know what u go with. i also reccomend a bimini top. best accessory ever!

my mistake. the first pic is the one ak mcallum sells. the second one is the one my dealer had sitting in my boat when i looked at it.

Build your own. Check out Speed-Rail systems. You order aluminum tube, figure out what fittings you need and order those. Cut, measure and everything slip fits and is allen headed tight. I built a T-Top for my old glass boat out of the stuff, 2 owners later still good. https://www.industrialmetalsupply.com/speed-rail-fittings#1

Latest posts