In a quandry over storage.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNG

Reaction score
Boat is a new Alumacraft 1542. I am leaving the factory 'tank' seats the way they are. I also am not installing decks. There will be closed cell foam installed between the floor ribs and either FRP, .090" aluminum or 3/8" marine ply installed over the ribs/foam. I need some kind of basic storage for 1-2 life jackets, 2 mushroom anchors and rope for the anchors. I WAS going to install an Alumacraft 30" long aluminum side storage box. AK Mccallum sells these for $229 plus s/h. They are out of stock and won't be getting any until late winter or spring. The dealer where I bought the boat can get me the same side storage box for $305 out the door. I'm not doing anything the 'cheap' way on this boat. If spending 300 clams on a box is the way to do it, I will. However I'm thinking that there has to be a cheaper/better way to do this. I've been looking a marine netting type storage. Specifically a company called Rig Rite MFG. They make elastic netting that I could attach to the side ribs of the boat. Specifically part number 1190. I then could stick the PFD's and the anchor rope (on Christmas tree light winders) between the netting and the side of the boat to keep them out of the way while on the water. I'm not expecting them to hold the PFD's while trailering. Anyone ever try this or something similar? That still leaves the two anchors to trip over though. I had been putting them in an old battery box without a lid in my 1436. It works but I was hoping for something better/nicer on this boat. Whatever the storage solution is, it needs to be lightweight. I need the boat to float as high as practical in the water.

https://www.rigritemfg.com/pages/cargo_Nets.html

Cheaper option, maybe more versatile and can replace for $1 each if/when the UV kills the elastic part. Ball bungees ... I rivet a plastic "loop clamp" wherever I want to hold something, but putting the cord into the loop 1st. Simple ... works!

Attachments

• Ball-Bungee.JPG
    Ball-Bungee.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 414

Latest posts