Delcraft 12" boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sloffie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, picked up this boat last weekend. Was driving past a garage sale saw this out of the corner of my eye, figured they wanted a few hundred dollars for it, the tag said $60! =D> The owner said it had been with them a long time and just wanted it gone. Transom wood is all gone so that will need replacing it was only used on a small lake, bottom looks solid doesn't look like its been dragged a lot, just needs a good cleanup. She's 12 feet with a 52" beam and a 49" transom it seems to be a Delcraft 12 SV. I've looked online and didn't find too much on Delcraft aluminum boats looks like they built wooden boats for a few years but build these in the 60/70's. Any info you guys could supply would be great. Thanks

45716351451_d4a301cb91_z.jpg

31844608428_10e9d85ea1_z.jpg

45665586182_2ca449c86a.jpg

31844490338_1104956cf9_z.jpg

I don't know anything about a Delcraft, but the scrap aluminum price would probably exceed what you paid for it! Well done.

Now, depending on what State you are in, you best find out what licensing issues are needed for an old boat. If it was only used on a pond, it may NEVER have been registered. You may have to get the seller to sign some additional forms. Find out now, before you put time and money into it.

Great find. I have never seen a boat at a garage sale, but that's probably a good thing. Ha Ha

Welcome aboard.

I'm located in Connecticut, the seller gave me a bill of sale on a CT state form which is all that should be required... I think, to register it. The garage sale was at a home that's on a local pond where it was always used. That pond is private, but I have several other ponds and lakes near me that are public. Luckily in CT you are not required to register a boat without a motor.

The boat needs a good cleaning it has a little algae and stuff on the bottom, what should I use to clean it? The boat has a factory blue coating, I tried some Simple Green and Oxi-clean, no luck, worried about using some heavy boat hull cleaner.

Latest posts