Keep or Sell? What do you think?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thill

Reaction score
20181026_165943.jpg

20181026_170650.jpg

20181026_170023.jpg

20181026_171819.jpg

I have a 1980 Crestliner Fish Hawk that I bought as a project to fix up and sell, but now I'm thinking of keeping it. It's deeper and has a nicer layout than my Princecraft, but it has a huge livewell that's in the way. I took it out, but I would need to close the inlet and drain holes through the bottom of the boat. I'm confident that I could patch it with solid rivets, but I'm thinking of letting the local shop TIG weld it.

The only thing is I hate about the boat is the color. Like a big banana. So I would probably end up re-painting it a color that I like.

Also, keep or sell, I'm thinking of building a deck across the back of the boat to cover the battery and tank storage area, while adding casting and walking space. It would simply go right over the rear bunk, and tie into the splashwell. It will be covered with carpet, of course, and have a seat base in the middle.. A quick, easy modification. Here is a pic of the area:

20181026_171827.jpg

Any thoughts???

Ho keep for sure. But I would turn it into a tiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends. Do you want to have two boats? And how does this motor and your other boat's motor run? Maybe, if you only want one boat, you should jeep the best motor and best boat, and sell the rest.

hey thill i just drug home the exact same boat but mine need a complete make over.... did you redo your transom ? does yours have a board on the outside of the boat on the transom ? and is that live well you are talking about up front in the boat ? same problem as mine ?

thanks for any info you may share with me

the live well in mine is up front under the floor.....

Attachments

• boat 14.JPG
    boat 14.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 974
It looks good to me. The only thing you don't like is the color, which is the easiest thing to change.
Paint it and don't look back. I have made money on most of my boats by improving them. Painting this boat will increase its value by a lot, because you have already done the hard part.

Latest posts