New member, new (old boat)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnglerRoy

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

Just thought I’d say “Hi” and thank you, in advance, for all the info and advice I read on this forum.

I’m in Ontario, originally from Michigan, and love to fish for Walleye, Yellow Perch and soon, maybe lake Salmon/Trout. Hoping that with a boat, I’ll get out more often and not have to rent boats anymore!

I’ll be the proud owner of a ‘57 Alumacraft Deep C in the coming months. She needs work, well...she needs almost everything! But, I’ll get ‘er there!

32aa9423cad82d642f095d64c00a2f55.jpg

Be prepared for ALOT of questions!

-Roy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2. Super cool boat.

I also like the trailer and hubcaps with the bearing buddies. I hesitate to say anything because I can't understand why this would happen, but are not the fenders on backwards?

Lol...maybe they are! It wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s a tilt trailer by Halsclaw (or something like that), coils and struts too. My father (in MI) reconditioned the trailer (paint, struts, tires, lights and bearings) for the drive home to Oshawa. He says the trailer tracks like a dream and absorbs everything the road can throw at it.

He also mentioned to me that someone cut the domes to accommodate those pressure-type bearings. Personally, I can’t stand the look of them and will probably pull them and just put some beauty rims on instead.

Awww, A Holsclaw trailer. I know them well. (only kidding. I googled it out of curiosity).

Anyway, I wish I had bearing buddies and some "baby moons" to fit over them. If you want original these are available on line:

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 4.37.38 PM.png

Thanks guys. Once the boat is home, I’ll get to work on her and the build thread will be born. [emoji3]

She’s gotten a custom windshield put on, but I haven’t seen the final look, just the cardboard mockups. I’ll see it this weekend though when I get back to MI for Thanksgiving.

I’m not going to restore the boat back to factory look. It’s going to be modernized with a new look that meets my needs and appeal, but, I’m going to always try to keep the “lines” and look of her once-new glory always present in the modifications.

She’s getting custom tarps, a Bimini and custom seats done up next before I bring her home.

-Roy

CedarRiverScooter said:
What motor will she get?

That’s TBD. What is for sure, electric start and remote steering.

I’d like to see a 40 or 50 on the back with PTT...no 4-stroke though, they’re too heavy. Preferably EFI with oil injection.

Max hp rating is 60hp

We’ll see...she will probably get something much more affordable for the first year or two.

Stumpalump said:
You can get nice new rubber caps from bearing buddy.

Thanks! I’ll see more of all the little things to replace soon enough, might be adding those caps to my never-ending list of items...

Stumpalump said:
You can get nice new rubber caps from bearing buddy.

I just picked up a set of these at Oreilly Auto Parts. Just $3.99 plus tax for the pair.

The windshield looks great!

736c63fc443eb5489771e2969efa1e67.jpg

72f3a5a7f79cfd97ff432d7c84bd9ddd.jpg

And my dad and I removed the third bench. I wanted to open up the back 6’ for a flat open deck.

1fef3d07d58c48eee7d74365984c440b.jpg

The boat much larger than pictures convey. I’m very happy with the boat and think it’s going to work out great!

My dads going to deck the boat with “Marideck” over marine ply while it’s still in his shop for the next month or two. He had some samples of this vinyl for his boats (pictured in the backgrounds) and the stuff is pretty nice.

Looks like a 40hp Merc might be happening. It’s going to get compression tested and we’ll go from there.

-Roy

Well...guess I’ll continue this in a build thread. I’m looking forward to sharing the progress with everyone...if interested. Lol

Latest posts