Trolling Motor Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkie2

Reaction score
I have a 15/42 War eagle that I bought a couple of years ago that has a Motorguide model 727 30lb thrust trolling motor. Everything works on the motor but the base and the pedal parts of the foot control have been badly chewed up by a packrat before I got it.
There's no serial # tag on the motor so I'm not sure about looking up parts for it. Did a lot of the older model Motorguides use the same foot control? Looking at pictures it appears they might have. Anybody have a used foot control they'd sell me?
Ya'll think I'd be best off to repair this thing or just upgrade to a newer motorguide?

I would upgrade. Newer trolling motors are more quiet and have less power drain on the battery. Also, go a bit bigger; that welded 1542 is a bit heavier than my rivited 1542 which has a 36lb trolling motor.

Upgrading is what I'm leaning toward but I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred on a replacement.
I've got my eye on a Motorguide Tracker 40 on craigslist now. Anybody have or had one of these how are they?

Latest posts