Anybody have these rod holders?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerider

Reaction score
I'm looking at two of these rod holders for my 12 ft boat for trolling. Anybody have these?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHORE-KING-BOAT-ROD-HOLDER-AUBR-10-CRAPPIE-POLE/202502661535?hash=item2f2619659f:g:f90AAOSwmtJXWcfU:rk:1:pf:0

Honestly they and those built like them are barely adequate to complete garbage. They don't fit most common gunwales. They also slip very easily even when they do clear the gunwales correctly. There are two brands and ONLY two brands I have found to work exceptionally well. Scotty and Tite-lok. I prefer Tite-lok but have used the Scotty's with no problems to report. Titeloc makes a variety of mounts and clamps to go with the holders. The 5608 clamp will fit securely over any small boat gunwale I'm aware of. Tite-lok does sell direct as well.

JNG said:
Honestly they and those built like them are barely adequate to complete garbage. They don't fit most common gunwales. They also slip very easily even when they do clear the gunwales correctly. There are two brands and ONLY two brands I have found to work exceptionally well. Scotty and Tite-lok. I prefer Tite-lok but have used the Scotty's with no problems to report. Titeloc makes a variety of mounts and clamps to go with the holders. The 5608 clamp will fit securely over any small boat gunwale I'm aware of. Tite-lok does sell direct as well.

Thanks for the advice. The Tite Lok looks like a quality built product.

I have 8 Tite-Loc rocket launchers on my boat, they are pretty good. Little bit cumbersome to change the position/setup but once you do they are pretty rock solid. For aluminum rocket launchers they are inexpensive and work well enough.

I was referring to the #5610 type, not the 'launcher' type.

Latest posts