New boat - Now I gotta get it rigged

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle24

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a new boat a few days ago. It's a 1542 River Skiff SS Tunnel Hull by Xtreme Boats in Bonifay, FL. I maxed it out with a 25hp Suzuki and had them install a hydraulic jack plate. I have a Minn Kota Terrova remote trolling motor with I-Pilot on the way. Now to address the things I need to add or upgrade:
1. River Anchor System - really not sure what I want here. It needs to be bow mounted, quick to deploy and easy to pull up. Looking at electric, but not sure.
2. Rod holders for long crappie rods - Maybe a Driftmaster setup? I want something that can be removed when I'm not Crappie fishing on the lake.
3. Floor and deck coating (maybe) ??? The inside is spray on bed liner. Good traction and durable, but not very gear friendly. Thinking about something like Tuff Coat, or maybe a marine vinyl.
4. Fish finder(s) - Really not sure. I have a Humminbird Helix 5 DI that is in excellent condition. I'd really like a side imaging unit. Also, it would be nice to have a transducer on the transom and another unit on the trolling motor. I want the removeable and will probably use Ram mounts.
5. Removeable rear deck over the gas tank and batteries.

Any suggestions on these upgrades and/or additions I'm planning are WELCOME. I really don't know a lot about this stuff.
DqwrEP9.jpg
xuzD45E.jpg

ahml1jh.jpg
lw32OPU.jpg

That is a good looking rig -- congrats!

I'm sure you will get some good advice from the mods done here on TB. I use Scotty rod holders, but I always thought the Driftmasters were a great looking design. The mounting plates might work well with the rolled gunnels on your boat.

Latest posts