16-foot Lund needs interior redone - advice please.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickball

Reaction score
Hi Everyone -
I have a 1998 16-foot Lund that is getting kinda beat inside. I'm probably the third owner. Interior is carpeted. I have a cover for the boat, but use the boat regularly (several times a week, all year...) and so don't cover it. It lives outside. One of the rear hatch covers has a broken hinge and consequently doesn't fully close properly. My biggest concern is that none of the hatches are dry. I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains a bit, and would like to redo the inside of the boat to allow for dry storage. Bow is wired for electric trolling motor. There's a bilge pump on a toggle switch, and the port side has a good live-well with aerator.

I've posted a couple of wide-shots from when I bought the boat a couple of years ago. There's a different main motor on there now, and I removed the bimini top. I could sure use some of your collective expertise and suggestions. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 795
3M makes adhesive backed weatherstripping that's used on pickup truck tool boxes for sealing out the elements. I have a big roll of it. Google it. It's a peel and stick type application. A industry that uses it is the trailer industry, so if you have a enclosed trailer manufacturer near you they probably have it also.

One other suggestion. Put your bilge pump on a float switch instead of a toggle. That way if it gets a lot of water in it it will pump it out when unattended.

eshaw said:
3M makes adhesive backed weatherstripping that's used on pickup truck tool boxes for sealing out the elements. I have a big roll of it. Google it. It's a peel and stick type application. A industry that uses it is the trailer industry, so if you have a enclosed trailer manufacturer near you they probably have it also.
autobody shop supply store will sell it

Latest posts