Bow Mount 55# Traxxis

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corb715

Reaction score
Good Evening All
Longtime lurker first time poster here. Looking for a little bit of help with my 1950 14' Alumacraft. I currently have a 55# Minn Kota Traxxis 42" (as pictured) and like it a lot, but I have a casting deck on the front of my boat. I would like to "mount" it somehow to the bow so I can utilize both at the same time. My first thought was to drill through the motors bracket and permanently mount it to the boat, but I would be concerned about the metal bow plate ripping off driving down the road. Instead I plan to just use the standard clamps and attach at launch which is no big deal to me.
Trolling Motor.jpg

This is what I have to work with at the front of the boat. It appears as though the previous owner had a quick release for their trolling motor and I wouldn't be opposed to reusing this, but new trolling motor + the bracket is a touch spendy. Also, for whatever reason, they put it so the motor would go directly into the casting deck when not deployed, so most likely i'll have to drill at least 2 more holes to angle my motor to one side or the other.
Bow Image.jpg
Bow Image 2.jpg

I found some brackets that I think may work with the help of some 2x6's and some gasket material to eliminate any possible metal to metal contact and squeaking.
Trolling Bracket.jpg
Trolling Bracket 2.jpg

Thoughts on my little project here?

Thanks,
Corb

I have used clamp on trolling motors in the front of a couple tinboats. I just place it off to one side (left because I reel left) and sandwich a couple thin boards to spread out the forces. I've had good luck with this. As for trailering, I just tilt the motor so it's laying down.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

There is a product called a ProControll EZ Mount Trolling Motor Mounting Plate that's designed for bow mounting on utility boats. may or may not be what your looking for but thought i would share.

Thank you both for your input! I have done the shim style in the past but it has always given me trouble. Cjjmls, thank you I guess I have seen this before but never done much research into it. That will most likely be the route I take since I'm not all for put more holes in my boat :LOL2:

Latest posts