Lowe Jon Boat Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobro

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here, and potential soon-to-be-boat-owner...would be my first.

On the Lowe jon boats (I think I've seen this on other brands as well), what are the two "pods" on either side of the boat between the rear seat and transom? They don't have them on all models, but they're there on quite a few.

Thanks!

Lee

ProduceMan said:
My guess is that they are filled with flotation foam.

That's the only thing I could think of...but I can't figure out why some have it and some don't...I suppose there's some rhyme to their reason.

dobro said:
Hi all,

New member here, and potential soon-to-be-boat-owner...would be my first.

On the Lowe jon boats (I think I've seen this on other brands as well), what are the two "pods" on either side of the boat between the rear seat and transom? They don't have them on all models, but they're there on quite a few.

Thanks!

Lee

Probably foam filled buoyancy.

Might depend on the boat, in order to get enough positive buoyancy some boats may need the extra flotation, could be due to size or layout. Most boats use the seats for the flotation space but if the boat doesn't have a center seat for example and no foam in the floor then they do that.

surfman said:
Might depend on the boat, in order to get enough positive buoyancy some boats may need the extra flotation, could be due to size or layout. Most boats use the seats for the flotation space but if the boat doesn't have a center seat for example and no foam in the floor then they do that.

The center seat is at least 50% livewell, so that would make sense. I'll try to check through their lineup and see if that is a common factor as which boats have pods. Thanks!

Lee

Latest posts