How to attach

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
What is the easiest and most surefire way to add a grab bar to an aluminum boat? I have a grab bar picked out, just racking my brain on how to attach it to the floor? It’s a G3 with no “floor”; just the deck.

I’m looking at the Fishmaster Grab Bar. I am adding pictures here; hopefully this helps.

If it works, you’ll see the boat already came with the box in the picture that is a seat/also has a compartment where the trolling motor/accessory battery stays.

Attachments

• EAB65E11-45B0-424A-BAE6-F55F39EBCD61.jpeg
    EAB65E11-45B0-424A-BAE6-F55F39EBCD61.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,433
  • 997DD9CA-47F3-489D-921A-FF310D9EC5DC.png
    997DD9CA-47F3-489D-921A-FF310D9EC5DC.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,432
I attached mine to the floor, you need to add a floor, walking on those ribs is a pain. I also added a brace and the brace also serves as a retainer for my cooler.
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG

Can't help you with the grab rail, but under the "Watering Hole" section there is an easy way to post pictures on this forum. It was so easy that even I was able to post pictures here!

Good luck
Bill

What’s the best way to attach a plywood floor to my boat? What type should I be Loki that and how long can I expect it to last when exposed to water?

I used screws. If you waterproof the plywood, it should last many years. If you let the boat fill up with water, that will shorten its life. If that is unavoidable, maybe you should consider an aluminium floor.

With a floor or without a floor, you can mount the grab bar directly with Riv-nuts; stainless sheet metal screws; pop rivets, etc.

If the base doesn't fit, mount it to a piece of Oak or other hardwood and then mount the Oak to the deck.

Superlucky said:
Can't help you with the grab rail, but under the "Watering Hole" section there is an easy way to post pictures on this forum. It was so easy that even I was able to post pictures here!

Good luck
Bill

Thanks, I even looked in FAQ and it wasn't much help, why don't they just say see that thread?