Paying it forward

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPlayfoot

Reaction score
Since I replaced my Lowrance X91 with a Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro I wondered what I could do with the Lowrance. I no longer need it. Went on kijiji.ca searching for a rough value to list it for sale. Found it wasn't worth much because it does not have GPS.
Then I remembered my buddy telling me about his nephew who has a 14 foot Jon boat. So I go visit my buddy and ask if his nephew has a fish finder. When he told me no I said "well he does now".
I would rather give it to someone who will use it rather than throw it away

That'll work! :beer:
I've already put out tires that had passable tread on them by the road several days before garbage pickup, every time I did that they disappeared.
I also have a neighbor who repairs small engines, he gets all my junk that he can either part out or do whatever, better than putting it out for garbage. Then there's my young fishing buddy who bought a 600 Remington in .350 Rem. Mag, I "DONATED" some of my stash of .350 Mag. brass to him, but he aint getting no more! :lol:

My step son was without a fishing rig and just loves to fish. I gave him a little 14x36 riveted boat I had with a trailer. He also got the 2014 Mercury 9.9 tiller that was on it. Some people have all the luck!

overboard said:
That'll work! :beer:
I've already put out tires that had passable tread on them by the road several days before garbage pickup, every time I did that they disappeared.
I also have a neighbor who repairs small engines, he gets all my junk that he can either part out or do whatever, better than putting it out for garbage. Then there's my young fishing buddy who bought a 600 Remington in .350 Rem. Mag, I "DONATED" some of my stash of .350 Mag. brass to him, but he aint getting no more! :lol:

I had a Rem 600 .350RM. I learned Sooo much with it! My first belted case reload, headspace... well y'know.

The first shot taught me a lot about scope eye relief, the third taught me a lot about butt pads, the fifth taught me a lot about robust scope rings which even the BEST back then were not nearly as good as they are today :)

Anyway, I had a BIG game hunter offer me stupid money for it and I sold it.

gnappi said:
I had a Rem 600 .350RM. I learned Sooo much with it! My first belted case reload, headspace... well y'know.
The first shot taught me a lot about scope eye relief, the third taught me a lot about butt pads, the fifth taught me a lot about robust scope rings which even the BEST back then were not nearly as good as they are today :)

:lol: So far so good here! When I go up to the range and it's overcast, I've had guys say what the H*** are you shooting there!!! I don't know in it's the muzzle blast or the fireball that gets them, maybe both! :lol: