1960 lone star king commander small leak at seam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d-camarena

Reaction score
Got done with my last project and ended up selling it to a buddy that really wanted it.
Picked this lone star up for $500 , i added a trolling motor and built a removable deck and i already had a mercury 20 hp tiller, not expecting much from it for the price but its my first riveted boat and was not expecting a leak, i know thats a rookie mistake. It has a small leak at the seam where the sides meet the floor in the middle and towards the transom.
What would you guys suggest? Seems like the seal has dried up from age, or maybe loose rivets im not sure.
Im debating on using some coat it into the seam from the inside and outside. or maybe some 4200 or 5200
Thanks

Attachments

• 20190212_221638.jpg
    20190212_221638.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 20190214_181219.jpg
    20190214_181219.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 357
d-camarena said:
Got done with my last project and ended up selling it to a buddy that really wanted it.
Picked this lone star up for $500 , i added a trolling motor and built a removable deck and i already had a mercury 20 hp tiller, not expecting much from it for the price but its my first riveted boat and was not expecting a leak, i know thats a rookie mistake. It has a small leak at the seam where the sides meet the floor in the middle and towards the transom.
What would you guys suggest? Seems like the seal has dried up from age, or maybe loose rivets im not sure.
Im debating on using some coat it into the seam from the inside and outside. or maybe some 4200 or 5200
Thanks

Not the expert but I can't believe there's no answers on this. Some older boats had kind of a solder ish material in the seams sometimes it can be heated up and "reflowed" not sure if your boat did or not. Also loose rivets can be tightened back up with a couple hammers, hold a heavy one on one side and pop the other end it'll fatten them up. After that if you still have issues i'd go for the 5200

Latest posts