New Member thinking of buying Xpress 1546

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noglass170

Reaction score
Hello Everyone from Leesville SC!

I am a new registered member, but I've been reading the site for a while. I'm a tin boat lover of course and my small fleet consists of nothing but. I recently ran across a 2002 Xpress 1546. the boat is very nice garage kept and looks to be in great shape. So I put my excitement to the side and took to the interweb. And, BOY did I not like the threads I've read about waterlogged foam. With all that knowledge at hand, my question is would you still buy this boat? I plan to take it to the lake to water test and measure the draft by the dock with no one in it. But it seems even if this boat checks out that the problem WILL show eventually. A sad situation for such a cool boat. Just looking for some opinions on the matter.

Well, LOL nevermind! I just got off the phone with the seller and he IS NOT willing to take it to the lake for a water test! LOL if someone is about to drop 4500 bucks on a boat I have for sale then I SURELY will take it to the lake and let them test it. SMH. I guess I'll keep looking. I don't buy boats without trying them out.

noglass170 said:
Well, LOL nevermind! I just got off the phone with the seller and he IS NOT willing to take it to the lake for a water test! LOL if someone is about to drop 4500 bucks on a boat I have for sale then I SURELY will take it to the lake and let them test it. SMH. I guess I'll keep looking. I don't buy boats without trying them out.

He might have a good reason why he isn't willing to demo the boat. Just sayin . .

noglass170 said:

Yikes, huge red flag. If I ever sell a boat or motor I always want the buyer to water test it first because I don't want them to have any reason to blame me if a problem arises.

If I was selling something for $4500 I can find the time for the buyer to water test it

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Sometimes they may not have time. Sometimes they get burned by a novice or sometimes they get sick of tire kickers and free boat rides. I have been through all of those and then some. It might be a red flag but put the shoe on the other foot.

Xpress is a good boat. It is a tank! It is heavy, slow, don't handle very well, but you won't hurt it.

Latest posts