Aluminum access hatch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pangborn83

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2072 sea ark I am thinking of adding storage to under the casting deck and under the seats in the rear. One of them I want made into a drop in unit to hold batteries. I want to buy good quality access hatch’s I have been told r&r and fish on both make good units I could always have some made locally as well, I’m not as concerned on price (with in reason) as I am in quality because I plan to have the boat for along time. any recommendations thanks, Jim

I suggest you reach out to Fish On Fabrications. They are a TB sponsor. There is a link to their website under the sponsor's section. Their website has a section showing some of their hatch lids. Not sure where you are located in relation to their shop in Georgia. I'm across the country and used them for some custom fabrication. Cost including mailing was reasonable for me. I found them very easy to deal with and work was high quality. So, might be worth checking with them.

Didn’t realize they were a sponsor here I’ll definitely give them a shot thinking I’m going to be looking for 3 hatches but I’d like to get a dimension for cut outs dialed in cut them out and then figure how deep of a dry box I’m going to be looking for as well before I order so I’m hoping they will work with me to get what I need done all in one order. I thought of hiring local but I’d think if they got some standard sized lids it might be easier than having customs made that are within a few inches of a stock sized hatch. Thanks, Jim

Latest posts