Washdown setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on adding a washdown setup to my Sylvan. I am primarily a freshwater fisherman and I'm contemplating a few different ideas. Would love to see what others have done to add a washdown system on their boats, either freshwater or saltwater/lakewater. Right now I am considering using one of my livewell pumps and making a system that snaps into the output pipe.

Simple to do and you don’t even need a dual-port live well pump to accomplish this.What I did was marlon inlet/pickup to marlon seacock (mandatory) to pump to Y-valve where one line goes to the livewell and the other goes to the bulkhead fitting for the wash down. Only one end is open or used at a time.

I accomplished that by a plastic shutoff in the livewell line that is otherwise plumbed & fixed. Simple female garden hose connection to the washdown connection mounted on a stern bulkhead.

-To use the livewell, make sure the washdown port is capped closed and make sure the shut-off valve in the livewell line is open. Simple.
-To use the washdown, close the shut off valve in the livewell line and just attach your hose to the bulkhead washdown connection. More simple.

I only use about 8’ of hose on my washdown connection, and there really isn’t much real pressure behind it, but the end of the hose is just cut off, so you can put your thumb over to build up a little bit of pressure to ‘spray’ water with it. Works for me!

Oh, I just use a 800GPH livewell pump. Inexpensive (no combo pump that will cost hundreds of dollars and won’t last but a few seasons anyway), simple, no pressure switches or accumulator tanks, 100% reliable and it works!

Tin boat, just make **** sure you use Marlon products for your through-hull connection and seacock, plus any tin at the mounting spots must be properly primed and painted BEFORE using any goop like 5200 or BoatLife ‘LifeCaulk’ (much preferred over 5200 ...) on it as a bedding goop.

Latest posts