Transom Riser Success!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProduceMan

Reaction score
I was able to get this used at a real good price from a salvage co. on this. https://www.go2marine.com/product/204419F/garelick-mounting-pads-for-ob-kicker-brackets-poly-board-only.html. It's the larger of the two pictured. My Johnson 15 is a short shaft and was way too low even with a 3/4" shim before I ran out of bite on the transom for the clamps. I was seriously thinking about buying a Mini-Jacker to raise the motor the 1 1/2" that I needed to bring the cav plate 1 1/2" above. For less than 1/2 the $$ of the Mini-Jacker I was able to accomplish what I was after. Here's where it gets weird, I needed to have the board's top 3 1/2" above the transom to give me the 1 1/2" rise that was needed. Looked really high. I'm thinking due to the 2" width of the poly board's setback and what distance the clamps needed to clear the top of the transom? Planes way quicker and the Attwood hydrofoil is out of the water with the orig cav plate skiming at WFO 19.3 kts. I like using old recycled milk jugs and water bottles for things we need, thank you China. Pics coming thurs or fri.

Latest posts