Mounting a fish finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1960 yellowboat

Reaction score
I have a Lowrance Hook 3 that I want to mount on my 1960 Richline. What's the best way to mount the transducer? I thought about securing it to a piece of heavy plastic and then securing that to the transom with industrial Velcro.
I'm not keen on drilling holes but will if I have to.

Attachments

• 20171116_105635.jpg
    20171116_105635.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • GEDC0737.JPG
    GEDC0737.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,022
If you don't want to drill, epoxy is a good solution. Scuff the aluminum with sandpaper, same for the plastic. Goop it up with a quality epoxy adhesive and clamp it. The upside is being able to try your transducer in different spots if it doesn't work perfectly in one.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

on my last boat i attached the transducer to a length of 1"aluminum square tube and ran the cable up through it and attached it with a c clamp i had laying around.it lasted for years like that.

I bought one of these. https://www.cabelas.com/product/Portable-Transducer-Bracket/699847.uts?slotId=2 One could probably make something similar that would work.

Many of us are loath to drill into our boats, myself included. But why?

For the NEXT owner to not see a couple of holes? To destroy the aesthetics of the boat? For resale to show prospective owners they have a clean slate to drill and mount till the cows come home? :)

Much of what I needed mounted screwed nicely to the wood on the transom, rod holders, bilge pump, transducer bracket, charger etc. but the rest? Lights, horn, instrument panel? I just drilled, let the next owner think about patching the holes.

My fishing buddy went the other direction, he screw mounted EVERYTHING right where he wanted and needed it to be. In the long run, I think he's the wiser man, unless when he needs to move or replace something he has regrets about the holes.

Latest posts