Question to 1448 Grizzly with 17.5” short transom owners

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLai

Reaction score
1448 Grizzly owners with “short” 17.5” transom please share your setup

I have a 2015 1448 Grizzly with one of those too long for short shaft and too short for long shaft transom. (17.5”)

Are you guys running with short or long shaft on your setup?

I started with long shaft (25hp yamaha long shaft) and it was 4” below bottom of the boat so I went and got me cmc-pt35 got it up to about 1” below the bottom of the boat. It’s always take sometime to get on plan with 2 people on the boat. After called Tracker and provided them with my serial number they told me that my boat is indeed need a short shaft. No money to spend on more motor labor etc at that time.

A year later.. I came across good deal on good 25 Yamaha short shaft and brought it. So switching from long shaft to short shaft is done and ready for test run. Went out with my fishing buddy hit the gas and bam! We couldn’t get on plane the anti cav plate is now 3” above bottom of the boat. Drop my friend off and try it solo run. I can get on plan but it will blow out on turns.

Please share your setup as I don’t really want to go back to long shaft if this boat really calling for short shaft. But if I have to then it is what it is.

How did you setup yours?

Thank you

BunLai said:

I have a 2015 1448 Grizzly with one of those too long for short shaft and too short for long shaft transom. (17.5”)

I started with long shaft (25hp yamaha long shaft) and it was 4” below bottom of the boat so I went and got me cmc-pt35 got it up to about 1” below the bottom of the boat. It’s always take sometime to get on plan with 2 people on the boat. After called Tracker and provided them with my serial number they told me that my boat is indeed need a short shaft. No money to spend on more motor labor etc at that time.

A year later.. I came across good deal on good 25 Yamaha short shaft and brought it. So switching from long shaft to short shaft is done and ready for test run. Went out with my fishing buddy hit the gas and bam! We couldn’t get on plane the anti cav plate is now 3” above bottom of the boat. Drop my friend off and try it solo run. I can get on plan but it will blow out on turns.

Please share your setup as I don’t really want to go back to long shaft if this boat really calling for short shaft. But if I have to then it is what it is.

How did you setup yours?

Thank you

Having trouble uploading photos of mine. PM me

fyr4efect said:
BunLai said:

How did you setup yours?

Thank you

Having trouble uploading photos of mine. PM me

PMed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts