Question for those with mud motors with an external fuel tan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerider

Reaction score
I have a question for members here who have a mud motor on their boat that is fueled by an external fuel tank like a Marine fuel tank. I am wondering for that set up, did you use a pulse fuel pump to bring fuel from the Marine tank to the engine itself? I have a similar set up and I'm going through some trouble with my own fuel system. My boat's motor is an Evinrude 6hp lower unit with a Briggs & Stratton power head. I have removed the original fuel tank that was gravity fed and currently I have a 3 gallon marine fuel tank in the boat with a fuel line with a primer bulb in it run to a quick fitting at the motor and then to a pulse fuel pump. I have heard conflicting info about pulse fuel pumps and whether or not they can pull fuel uphill similar to my own setup. Hence my question to the Mud Motor guys with this type of setup.

Don't have a mud motor, but did have a jet ski with pulse pump. As I understand mine, the pulse came from the 2 stroke intake vacuum. Does 4 stroke have that same intake pulse?

CedarRiverScooter said:
Don't have a mud motor, but did have a jet ski with pulse pump. As I understand mine, the pulse came from the 2 stroke intake vacuum. Does 4 stroke have that same intake pulse?

Yes it does. From what I've read, tapping the intake manifold and adding a port to connect the pulse line is the best source for a lawn mower engine. That's exactly what I did with my project.

Attachments

• Resized_20190503_124523_2151.jpeg
    Resized_20190503_124523_2151.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 449

Latest posts